Monday 1 March 2010

See-Saw & Weave Training

Well we have had a 100% improvement in the weather today, the sun has been out all day and it has been quite warm. I had to take the van to get the heater fixed today, I think they will probably have it until Thursday but hopefully it will be done by then.

We have made the most of the nice weather today by getting some outside jobs done this morning (Cleaning green slimy moss off the patio) and then I took the See-saw off its base and put it onto a brick on the floor for Megan. She is still not overly happy with it but at least she is doing it now and learning where it tips. I will do the same with her tomorrow at the same height and then gradually increase it to build her confidence on it. I kept it on the brick for Brian and Heidi too so they could work on their contacts and it worked well.

This afternoon I bundled the 3 of them into my car (its a bit of a squeeze now Megan is big!) and took them to do some weave training at York Rd, Brian's weaves are really great now, to think last year he hated the idea of the poles even touching him, now he flys through all 12 with now probs at all. Heidi and Megan were hard work though today, Heidi was over excited and wanted to do it at lightening speed, resulting in missed poles, usually the first 2. Megan seemed a little distracted today, she was doing 6 V's nicely but when I close them up a bit further she loses interest in it. Still, she is only young and we have plenty of time to work on it.

Weather permitting (I haven't checked the forecast) we will hopefully do some more of the same tomorrow and maybe a bit of jumping too to break things up a little.

No comments: