Tuesday 23 March 2010

Training Heidi

Today has been a lovely sunny day and a chance to get the dogs outside while I got some jobs done inside. Megan is really back to normal now, in fact she is pretty much bouncing all over the place, I don't quite know what she will be like this time next week having had only lead walks for yet another week. The good thing is her bandage is still on (nearly 4 days now!), I have put one of my socks over the top of it with a little bit of tape round it and she has left well alone.

Brian is still on rest until Thursday night apart from his daily walks to see if he improves, he doesn't seem to be ill in any way so that's a good thing!

Its just over a week now until Easter Dog Vegas and Heidi is entered into her first Grade 1 class, she is doing just 1 jumping class on each day so I thought it was about time we got some more training done and linking the weaves with other obstacles. She cant go to club at the moment due to being in season so we have been to York Rd.

I really couldn't fault her enthusiasm today, she was so keen to work which was brilliant. I have videoed her training from today and posted it below. Tomorrow I hope to do a little bit more with her but I'm on lates so I wont have as much time. I have already set up 12 weaves to save me time in the morning, I'll just have to put the jumps up. I put her through 12 poles at the end to check she remembered and she did and these are on the video too.

I know in the video at times it looks as though I am pregnant but I can assure you I'm not, I just have Heidi's tuggy stuffed down my trousers as I had no pockets!!!!

No comments: