Thursday 4 March 2010

Weave Sucess

This week has mainly been concentrating on the dogs weaves and I can honestly say its been a good week and I'm chuffed to bits with all of them. Heidi has for the past 3 days been getting 6 weaves about 70% of the time, I have realised with her its best to do it a couple of times of doing it correctly then move on to something else and go back a bit later. If I do much more than that with her she gets way over excited and just does the first thing that comes into her head (which isn't doing it correctly!). This has worked well and tonight in class out of 5 attempts she did all 12 poles 4 times spot on. I really am pleased with her progress.

Megan too is now weaving 6 poles totally vertical, she is quite slow but I'm sure her speed will increase as she gains more confidence in them. At the moment she needs to be guided a little to her entry but I'm not worried about that, I'm just pleased she is doing it!

Tomorrow morning we are heading off to my mum and dads for a party, my little brother is joining the Army on Sunday and they have hired a pub and are giving him a good send off so im really looking forward to that as there will be lots of family to catch up with who I haven't seen in ages. The dogs will obviously be spoiled at mums as always and I'm sure we will get out on a couple of long walks to tire them out. We are back home on Saturday evening though as I'm on earlies on Sunday. Joy!

No comments: