Thursday 31 December 2009

Another Year Gone!


And what a year it's been! 2009 has seen both me and Conor leave our jobs and move from Hampshire to Lincolnshire in an attempt to give our dogs a better life, something I think we have achieved even if neither one of us are doing the jobs we would have liked, still these things take time and our dogs are every bit worth the effort!

This year I began to compete in Agility with Brian. Brian is absolutely the best baby boy in the world, he is so happy (although he has the odd grumpy moment!) he tries his hardest and is just a pleasure to do things with. He has improved in his agility massively since we started to go to training with Lucy and in competition he has got a number of clear rounds and even a 2nd place!Next year I Intend to continue to run him in anysize, I want him to enjoy his agility as he does now and certainly don't want to injure him. After seeing how much he enjoyed his flyball yesterday I have every intention of continuing to do that with him too. So a busy year for me and the little man.

Heidi has had an up and down year, she had a bad experience at Crufts but has since begun to mature nicely, she is much happier and loves to play with other dogs. Conor & Heidi got their Bronze Good Citizen award and did some competing at smaller agility shows this year but when we moved we gave her a break from shows to allow her to settle. I think it worked as she does have her odd mad barking moment but nothing like she used too! Heidi will be my biggest challenge next year I think, we have decided that I will be running her in Agility and Flyball as Conor works away alot. She will be starting her agility training in the new year and continuing with her flyball as we have been. With her speed and enthusiasm she has the potential to do very well in both activities but Heidi is 100% a daddy's girl so the change over to me handling her is going to take some hard work on both parts but we will get there and I'm very much looking forward to running her.

As for little Moo (Megan), she is still a lovely, happy puppy, incredibly stubborn and a real little madam! Megan was our first dog to have a go at herding, something she was a natural at and thoroughly enjoyed but as we have no sheep it's not something we can take any further for now. We have done a large amount of foundation training and Megan began her agility training properly when we moved and I am amazed at how well she has done and how quickly she picks things up. This year she got her Bronze Good Citizen and I have high hopes for this little lady. I have entered her into her first agility show, Dog Vegas in Feb at Grade 0, med height, just so I can see where we are at but I'm hoping she will be ready to be competing properly by the summer.

Well I think that's it from us this year, if 2010 is half as good as 2009 we will be a very happy mummy and daddy indeed! Thank you dogs for making each day worthwhile. Happy New Year Everyone!
.

No comments: