Thursday 17 December 2009

Agility x 3

Tonight was the last agility before Christmas, I took Megan in her usual class and she did very well, I am really impressed with how well she is coming on, she did some lovely jumping sequences tonight.

Brian was next in and if he runs as well at Dog Vegas at the weekend as he did tonight I will be very happy. He did some excellent weaves again, I'm hoping we have cracked it! (He is only doing Grade 0 at the weekend so no weaves, phwew!)

Lucy runs a class after Brian's where the dogs just run courses, it is usually full but tonight only 2 people were staying due to the bad weather and cold so I asked if she would mind me running Heidi in it. She didn't mind and so I did. If you imagine those of you who have dogs that LOVE agility what they would be like if they hadn't done it properly for six months... that is what Heidi was like. It was as though all her Christmases had come at once! She jumped every contact, ran over the long jump, didn't do any weaves and flew off the see-saw mid air, BUT she did have a brilliant time jumping and had the biggest smile on her face ever! As you may have guessed we are not working well as a team but I hadn't expected to on our first go together in about a year.

Next year we will be going into the class that I run Megan in so there will be lots of time for us to work on smaller parts together and she does know how to do everything I think the excitement of doing it just got the better of her tonight and all I wanted was for her to be happy in the environment and settle in and she had no problems there. I'm quite looking forward to next year with 3 dogs to run.

I'm off to bed now as tomorrow I have an early start and a long drive but more on that another day.

No comments: