Thursday 4 November 2010

Not Loving The Dark!!!


I'm certainly not loving the change in the clocks this week! It's just so dark, I keep thinking its time for bed and its only 8pm! On the plus side it has been light when I have been walking the dogs before work but I know that wont last long.

Brian has finally been given the all clear by the vet which is great news and he celebrated by going to hydrotherapy yesterday. I took both Brian and Megan, Meg watched Brian swim and got very excited from watching him. I had to put Brian away though while Megan had her swim as he just whined to get back in!

We have managed to get some training in at the field on Tuesday morning but it was so windy I had to pet the jump wings in so decided to just work on flick flacks as it doesn't require too many jumps. Megan also did some weaves, I have decided to leave the first and last 2 poles quite open and we are currently working with the middle 4 totally upright (having been successful with the middle 2 and 3) and the others are at a slight V. She is struggling with the 4 though so we are not ready to move on yet, the good thing is she seems to always be entering with a single footed action now and I'm confident she will get it in the end.

We are without our van at the moment, last winter the heater packed up and it spent 5 days with a local garage while they played around with it but they didn't end up fixing it. now that we have got some cold mornings I'm struggling to get the scre
en cleared so it has gone to VW to be fixed. Good news is they have discovered the problem (2 hours labour at £60 an hour!) and tomorrow they will be replacing the broken part. I have got a hire van so I can go out but the dogs can't go far as we have no cages and I don't have enough crates for them all so they are having a lazy day today and tomorrow with just some walks to the field.

No comments: