Tuesday 30 November 2010

Stranded!!!




Well it seems as though we are now stranded at home. Today has been constant snow, we have no electric (meaning no heating etc either) from about 8am until nearly 3 this afternoon and no mobile phone network either. This afternoon I took a walk up to the next village which is about a mile away to get some matches (so I could at least light the hob), but that didn't provide me with any enthusiasm that this might improve over the next few days. The roads up there are like here, pretty much unusable, cars are just abandoned in the roads where people are just getting stuck.


It really couldn't have come at a worse time though, Conor is due home on Thursday and flies into Birmingham, as it stands there isn't any chance of me getting out to get him. I think its the worse snow fall we have had here. As if that isn't bad enough, we are meant to be moving house on Monday but I'm not holding my breath as I doubt a removal lorry will get up here.





Anyway above are some pics of the doggies in the snow, they are enjoying it at least! (Brian has decided is a bit too deep now!)

No comments: