Sunday 25 April 2010

Lincolnshire Agility Show

This weekend we have been competing at Lincolnshire Agility Show. I entered it back in November and because at the time Heidi & Megan couldn't weave I entered them into anysize and when I remembered I had done this it was too late to change them. (As it happens they had weaves anyway!)

We have had a lovely weekend, meeting up with lots of friends and Heidi and Megan have played with Reno & Speedy and Brian with his friend Billy.

Yesterday started off well, both Heidi & Brian going clear in their agility (mine & Heidi's first!!), but both out of the placings. Megan wasn't keen on the flat tunnel in Agility so I held it up for her and she got a bit distracted by what was going on in the score tent and also that there were other dogs doing agility in the ring next to her. I didn't run Brian in his jumping as it was getting a bit warm for him, the girls both had good rounds though, Heidi knocking two poles and Megan having a brilliant run but went in the wrong end of the tunnel.

Today wasn't so successful, I got there and walked their course went to get Heidi and she was the very first dog to run, it was only when I got halfway round I realised it had changed from when I walked it and they had taken out the weaves and put in two jumps so I got lost and we got eliminated. Megan also did and Brian got 5 faults for a refusal. It was then a long wait for their agility class, Brian got 5 faults for missing the last weave pole and the girls runs were probably the worst of the weekend and as it happens these are the ones I have on video! (Thank you Caroline for staying to video us)


I managed to video one of Speedy's runs too so I can email it to Jackie but here it is below anyway, I'm sure she wont mind me posting it as he was such a good boy.


No comments: