Sunday 11 April 2010

Delinquent Dogz Agility

Yesterday we went to Delinquent Dogz Agility Show in Rotherham. It was only a small show but it was a lovely relaxing one to have fun at which was what I wanted as I had entered Megan too (they were accepting entries from dogs over 15 months). Out of 12 runs spread between the 3 dogs there was only 1 clear round all day and that was from...MEGAN!!! Not only did she go clear, she was awarded with 3rd place in jumping! A little star!

Her first two agility runs were good but she did get eliminated on both, in her first one the tunnel was so much fun she did it twice in a row and on her second agility she did the A-frame and then went round to do it again! I didn't mind as it was all about giving her a fun experience. In the afternoon she did two jumping courses, her first one going clear and her second, which was considerably faster, she got 2 jumps from the end and jumped over a jump to the right as it was leading to the tunnel again (think she might be turning tunnel mad-wonder which family member that comes from! :))
.
Heidi's agility runs weren't so great, jumping all of her contacts and supermaning the see-saw (I did make her re-do that properly). Her jumping was much better, just knocking poles but she was really listening and was very fast.
.
Brian was in one of his couldn't be bothered moods so I stopped running him, he was more interested in saying hello to the ring party so I gave up with him for the day and just concentrated on the girls.

Today we should have been at the Gundog Agility Show but after running around on my ankle yesterday the swelling returned and the bruising is worse than ever so I decided to miss this show. I'd rather miss one and rest it than do more damage and make it worse for the rest of the year. We don't have any shows now until the 24th April so I've got a few weeks to get it better.

No comments: