Saturday 3 April 2010

Dog Vegas Update

We are two days into our four days of agility and it has been going pretty well. Brian has had 2 clear round so far although yesterdays was at snail pace! Today he was much quicker but he didn't run til nearly 6pm so I didn't stay to see if he had got a place, ill check tomorrow but I doubt it anyway.

Heidi has been doing well, she has only been entered into Grade 1 jumping so she has just 1 run on each day. Yesterday she ran under the first jump as I had gone too far away from her and as she jumped the second one got eliminated straight away. Her weaves were very good though, getting all 12. I bought the photos from her run yesterday as I bought Brian's first ones so thought I should get Heidi's too. They are not that good really but I cant take better when I'm running her!

Today was another good run, I was not as close to her as I wanted to be when the weaves came up so I shouted Weave and she did it! Got them all again, I really needn't have been so worried about them! Unfortunately it had started to rain about half an hour before Heidi's class and so the ground was wet, she slipped coming out of the last weave and missed her footing for the next jump, knocking a pole. She knocked another pole a few later due to slipping again and she got 5 faults for a refusal as I ran a bit too wide after the tunnel and she came with me but I was very pleased with her anyway, especially with those weaves!!!!

Megan met up with Speedy and Zippy (her brothers) and I managed to take a few photos today but I've left my camera in the van so I'll post them next time.

Tomorrow is our last day at Dog Vegas then we are off to Bretford Agility Show in Monday. I'll update on Monday night with how we have been getting on.

No comments: