Friday 23 April 2010

Great Training

The dogs have had some good training over the past couple of days. On Wednesday Brian had obedience and his retrieve has improved loads (especially as we have hardly practised!) and his scent work was good too. I have decided to stop taking Brian to agility training now, he keeps getting these niggling little injuries and so I have decided to call it a day with him. He will still do some at home with me here and there and as I have already entered him into shows for the summer in anysize I will take each one as it comes and if he wants to run he can, if not I wont be pushing him to.

Last night the girls had training at club, Heidi has moved up a group now and has taken Brian's spot, it actually seems a much better class for her to be honest and I found it easier only having 1 dog in the first class!

It was Megan's first class in 6 weeks, I had worried that her having so long off would have put her back but it seems to have made her more enthusiastic. She did full height jumps all night with no bother, she did the weaves and her contacts were good too.

This morning me and Megan did a 2 hour workshop with Lucy for G1-2 dogs at the Lincoln showground. We are there this weekend competing so I thought it would be good for Megan to have some training there today. I think she may have been a little tired from last night still as after a few goes at full height jumps she started to run under so she ended up with some on medium and some on a slant. She seemed to have a good time though, she did contacts really well, she is loving the see-saw (which is mad considering she hated it!) and we did weaves too. Megan also has a new friend by the name of Billy, a Jack Russel on the workshop, she must have really liked him as she doesn't really play with dogs she doesn't know but she wouldn't leave him alone!

No comments: