Monday 5 April 2010

Dog Vegas & Bretford Agility

Yesterday was our last day at Dog Vegas and I was quite glad as it was time for a change. I didn't run Brian as he was having 3 runs today so I gave him a rest day. Heidi's run was probably our worst of the weekend, she missed her weave entry so I had to put her back in and then she got them but I just didn't get to where I wanted to be and I think my arms were doing their own thing so we got eliminated!

Today we went to Bretford Agility Show, it was nice to go somewhere different but I don't think I'd go there again. Brian had obviously been saving himself for today and did a lovely agility run and finished 2nd. Heidi did well too, only getting 5 faults for missing an A-frame contact. I ran Brian in his jumping but got eliminated and after that the day rapidly went downhill!

I got Heidi out for her run and walking to the ring down the path something spooked her (I'm not sure what as there wasn't much about!) anyway she cut me up and I fell over her and twisted my ankle. I was pretty embarrassed so I got up and carried on walking to the ring, we stood in the que for our go and when we were next to run I suddenly felt sick and became aware that my trainer was feeling very tight on my twisted ankle.
.
I attempted to run her anyway but didn't get very far round before having to give up, I went back to the van and took my trainer off and my ankle was now about 4 times the size it should be. Luckily I had my wellies in the van as I couldn't get my trainers back on and we headed back to my mum and dads as there was no way I could run the last runs with each dog.

Anyway I'm sat on the sofa with my ankle in the air now hoping it gets better fast! I guess we'll have to wait and see.
.
Below is the picture I took of Megan and her brothers on Saturday, L to R is Speedy, Megan & Zippy.


No comments: