Saturday 23 January 2010

Dog Vegas News

Well we have had a fantastic day today, both Brian and Heidi did very well. Each dog had 5 runs, 2 agility, 2 jumping and a Helter Skelter. Out of the agility and jumping the best run of the two counted.

Brian did so well getting 5 clears out of 5 runs coming 5th in Helter Skelter and 4th in Agility and was out of the placings for his jumping. I was a little nervous about the Agility as Lucy (who trains us) was judging and I thought he would just run over to her but he didn't, he was perfect on both runs. (He wasn't overly impressed when I woke him up just to take his photo with his rosettes and is now back to sleep on the sofa!)

Heidi was a little star today, considering we have only had a couple of classes together she did so well. Her Helter Skelter wasn't so great, she ran around jumping over anything and everything and I thought, its gonna be one of them days but once she had got that out of her system she picked up. Her agility rounds were really good and fast, only 5 faults in each for a knocked pole. The jumping course had a trap where you needed to call the dog off the tunnel, in her first jumping round I didn't manage it and in she went so we got eliminated, but no poles down which was great. I could have kicked myself in her last jumping, we managed to avoid the tunnel but I almost ran into a jump causing Heidi to hesitate and she got 5 faults for a refusal. everything else was spot on, no poles down or anything. I know that clear round is not far away!!!

Megan had a good outing today, lots of walks in the exercise area and she got to meet Speedy too (as did Heidi and she was a bit of a flirt!). Speedy is a lovely calm boy, I wish the girls would take a leaf out of his book!

No comments: