Friday 2 October 2009

Thank Goodness It's Friday

From about 4.30 pm yesterday my day has got worse and worse! I left work yesterday knowing that I have very little time to get home, change, exercise the dogs and get to agility training. I decided to go a different route home that I thought would be quicker and I'd beat the traffic however somewhere I took a wrong turn, got lost and added about 10 minutes to my journey!

Already late I got ready really quickly, ran the dogs on the field and as Conor arrived back about the same time he took Heidi home and me and the other two set off. The A46 at Market Rasen was closed for roadworks so I had to follow a diversion that was 20 miles long (I'm not joking), we eventually got to agility about 20 minutes late, luckily they were running late too so we only missed about 10 mins of Meg's class. Both dogs had a good lesson, Meg did some lovely left and right pin wheels and Brian jumped over a full height jump twice (by mistake, he took the wrong jump twice!)
.
We set off home and there was no way I was going on the massive diversion so I drove to where the road was closed as I thought there must be a shorter route that local people would take to get to the other side. There was a sign taking me on an alternative route so I took it, after about 15 minutes of driving there was no sign of a main road. I didn't have a sat nav so I got the map out found a road to take, turned round and went down it. This road brought me out on the other side of the diversion as was only about 2 miles out of the way. Why didn't they signpost this route!!!
.
This morning I woke up about 5.15 am as I heard one of the dogs being sick, I turned on the light and saw it was Meg, she had been sick all over the floor and on the foot of the bed. I woke Conor so he could help clean it up, when downstairs to get some flash and boy was I glad I turned on the living room light as she had had diarrhea too, on the living room carpet! Obviously I wasn't cross, she cant help being poorly but all the same its not what you want at 5 am! I didn't go back to bed as I had work anyway so I am now shattered. Meg seems better, Conor said she has slept most of the day but she isn't feeling sorry for herself now.

We had some sad news yesterday, my nan's dog Bobby (pictured left) had to be put to sleep. He had been having problems with his neck for a few weeks and yesterday the vets decided to x-ray him and it turned out he had a cancerous tumour in his neck that had spread to his chest and he also had tumours forming in his mouth. Bobby was a Westie born on 31 Aug 1997, the day Princess Diana died and lived until he was 12 years old. Sleep tight Bobby x

No comments: