Sunday 18 July 2010

EMDAC & Otley

Well although its only been 4 days it feels like we have been away forever! EMDAC was our first stop, arriving early Thursday evening. It was very windy, so windy that I couldn't get the tent to stay up, despite the help of several other people so I spent the night sleeping in the van (not impressed!). Meg got a clear in jumping on Thursday evening and Heidi got a clear on Friday in jumping and won the class so I was really pleased with them both!

On Friday afternoon we headed off to Otley, it took about 3 hours to do 100 miles as the traffic was so bad but when we arrived it wasn't too windy so I got the tent up and the new windbreak which I'm pleased to say was a brilliant investment. The weather went downhill over the weekend with the wind getting stronger, so bad that it has split one of my tent poles and how the tent actually stayed up is beyond me! After a not so nice camping weekend I have decided that all being well with it's service on Thursday, I will be taking the caravan to Adams show next weekend!!!

Anyway Otley has been a bit mixed really, both the girls have got things to work on, Megan mainly her contacts although she did get her dog walk one today, and Heidi needs to listen and not scream at me when I am right and she is wrong!

The last jumping class today was comb 1-3 and our best run I think, Megan was doing really well and I started to get excited that she might go clear..then she missed her weave entry so ended with 5 faults and a time of 32 secs. Heidi was running near the end of the class so after the lunch break I took her for her run and she was brilliant, just one pole down which was my fault as it happened as I told her to go on, which looking back I didn't really need to do. I checked her time at the end and she did it in 21.8 secs, the winning dog was a grade 3 dog and had a time of 22.4 secs so she would have won!

I came away very happy indeed, now I know I'm justified when I get annoyed with her for not listening as she really does have so much potential. Still she is only 2 and has a long time ahead of her where she can get it right (and wrong!). Well bring on next weekend, I can't wait!

No comments: