Friday 18 June 2010

RVA Update

Today has been a bit of a mixed day really that seemed to get better as it went on. No clear rounds but not to worry. First up was the girls agility, Heidi didn't even make it to the 4th obstacle before I took her out of the ring. It was tyre, jump, 6 weaves then tunnel, first 2 went well, I told her weave and she ran straight past them into the tunnel, I gave her a second chance, called her back to do the weaves and again straight past and into the tunnel. I gave her a third go to which she did 2 weaves and then you guessed it, into the tunnel. I decided not to continue with her, I thought we had got past the silly not listening after the great runs we have had over the last few weeks.

It seemed to click in her head that she needs to do as she's told as her comb 1-7 jumping was lovely, only knocking a couple of poles (might have been 3) and in her 1-2 jumping she missed out the middle weave in 12 so we had to re do them and she had a pole too but she was working so well and listening. At least her mad moments are few and far between!

Megan decided today that she had forgotten how to do the tyre, she ran under it twice in her agility but when I called her back went through it! She did do it on her third attempt but her heart didn't seem in it this morning and she jumped her A-frame contact too. With it being such a big show there were lots more people around than usual including coach loads of school kids and so she had been quite nervous in the que.

It started to rain this afternoon which meant the crowds soon disappeared and by the time it came to her 1-2 jumping there weren't many people left. She was much more confident and I did as I'd planned and ran her like I would Heidi and she ran really well. So well in fact that she tried to do her weaves much quicker than normal which resulted in her coming out in the middle so we had to go back. I was really pleased with her though.

The show today was a lovely show, really well organised and no constant cries for helpers which was good. I helped in the ring running the team agility this afternoon and that was fun to watch, the dogs really seem to get excited in their teams! As the show had other things on I did have a good wander round and watched a bit of the show jumping too. It's been an enjoyable but very long day so I think it's time to put my feet up :)

No comments: