Sunday 27 June 2010

Dogs On Top

I can't believe how hot it has been this weekend, I'm not complaining but it was a bit too hot, I got burnt even with suncream on! I think the sun frazzled the girls brains this weekend. Their agility was pretty poor, as I guess would have been my handling! Megan has decided she cant weave and Heidi wont weave, especially when there is a tunnel straight after! More training required...

I entered the girls into a knock out jumping challenge on both days, yesterday Heidi was out on the first round due to a knocked pole and Megan made it to the quarter final but then ran past the last jump so she was out. Today was much better, Heidi made it to the quarter final before she knocked a pole and Megan the little star made it to the final!!! Unfortunately she knocked a pole (probably her first ever one in competition) so she finished 2nd but I was so pleased with her!

Megan seems to have overcome her flat tunnel issues now too, she has done it every time over the weekend and she had about 20 goes at doing it in the practice ring too.

Anyway Brian...as he isn't doing agility I entered him into the fun dog show as he loves any excuse to be fussed and stroked by strangers. He came 1st in Most Handsome Dog (I know he is a good looking boy!), 2nd in the Dog the judge would most like to take home and 3rd in the Dog in the best condition.

We have got a bit of a break now from agility with no shows until the 9th July and the dogs haven't got training this week either as I'm at work. I'm sure the rest will do me and them some good so we'll all be eager to go again in a few weeks time.

No comments: