Sunday 6 June 2010

PADS Agility Show

This weekend we have been to PADS show held at Catton Hall just outside Burton-On-Trent. It was a show I'd been looking forward to as we are there for 10 days at the end of July for 2 shows back to back and I wanted to check out the venue! I'm pleased to say it has my approval anyway as it's really nice and the bonus is its only 25 mins from my mum and dads house which I hadn't realised so we got a lie in this morning!

Heidi has had a good weekend, no clears but generally only knocking a pole or 2 here and there, she is really listening and we have had a lot less eliminations! She did a lovely jumping round today and just came out of the weaves at the last one in a set of 12 and had been going clear until that point and everyone watching went 'ahhhh' as it happened! A few people have stopped me over the weekend and said how nice she runs so that is always good to hear.

Megan was entered into 2 runs each day but yesterday in her jumping she seemed to be limping so I took her out to check and she had skinned the tiniest bit of her pad somehow and although wasn't limping when she was walking she must have been landing on it. I didn't run her again and she did limp a bit at my mums but I think that was more to get the sympathy vote! She was ok this morning so I ran her in her agility today and she was better but the little madam jumped ALL of her contacts so that will need some work this week. I didn't run her in the jumping as it was quite a difficult course and I didn't want to end up nagging her all the way round it so I left her, she has had a busy week for a baby!

Brian stayed with my mum for both days in the end and I went to collect him after the show today, he seemed to enjoy staying there and pottering about with them. He is off to see Natalie for a massage to get her opinion on his yelping on Wednesday so fingers crossed she finds something as I'd much rather it was a muscular issue than anything more serious.

No comments: