Monday 30 May 2011

What's With All The Rain?!

We have just got back from our last weekend at Bakewell. I'm kind of glad as the weather for the past few weekends has really spoilt it a bit although I know there isn't much I can do about that! It rained really heavily all last night and continued this morning and by about 11 this morning the ground was just soaked through and I had seen several handers go flying in the ring and come out covered in mud so I decided to pack up and leave early for home. The dogs had had 1 run each and I was just getting worried they may hurt themselves as they don't slow down even when it's wet.

We have had a good weekend really though, yesterday my mum and dad came up and managed to see a couple of the girls runs and dad videoed 2 which are below, Kody had already had his runs by the time they arrived as they were early for once! He had 2 really good runs yesterday I just couldn't call him off a jump after the tunnel, it was just too temping and we got the wrong end of the tunnel in the other but I was pleased with him. (Picture was taken by Grace & Alex at Shuttleworth-thank you again, its lovely!)

They had a practice ring running this weekend so I decided to spend some time in there with Meg to work on her A Fame contact and I have discovered when she does it as a single obstacle she does it perfectly (which confused me at first) but when it is put into a sequence she has a lot more speed and so isn't putting in enough strides on the down so is missing it. I am going to persevere with it though as I think it will be better in the long run, it just needs a lot more time putting into it than we have been doing. Although she did actually get it yesterday in her agility class.


One thing is for sure, Meg is speeding up in the ring, she has caught me out a couple of time lately when i've not expected it and she has shot off and then gone off course, her weaves have come along well and she is much quicker through them too. She has had a lot of classes lately with only 5 faults for something minor so hopefully we'll iron out those faults soon!

No comments: