Monday 2 May 2011

Weekend Walks & Weave Training

This weekend we had a week off from agility shows, we didn't make it to club on Thursday either as I was feeling a bit under the weather. Instead we have had a nice chilled out few days at home. My mum and dad came up yesterday and stayed until today so we have been into Lincoln and went out for dinner at Brayford Wharf today which was nice.

We took the doggies out for a very long walk this morning and they are absolutely shattered. They just wanted to run and run! They all got pretty wet and muddy (Brian the most-he had to be hosed down when we got back!) and then they have chilled out in the garden for a while.

When my mum and dad left I decided to do a bit of weave training with them. I have been having trouble getting Megan to pick up her entry at shows lately, she only seems to be getting it first time about 1 run per day, she was spot on today with them although where she is so tired she didn't put much effort into getting any speed through them! She didn't come out at the end today either which is another problem we have been having, i'm guessing it's something i'm doing at shows that pulls her out but I just don't realise.

Kody needed some work on his entries too, not that he cant get them, they are very good but he just isn't confident enough in the ring with me to get the more difficult ones and I do find myself moving to make it easier on the second attempt so i'm going to try and stop doing that in the ring and let him work it out for himself as I know he can.

Heidi has had excellent weaves lately so just a bit of practice with her, you might wonder why she doesn't seem to have as many goes in the video below, she did actually have the same but I hadn't noticed the video had fallen over and also she did snap 4 poles today so we stopped before we had non left! This week I will hopefully sort us out some wooden ones.


Brian also had a quick go at the end as he does enjoy to weave if nothing else!





No comments: