Wednesday 11 May 2011

Is 5 Days Going To Be Enough?

This week I have been hard at work with Meg and her A-Frame contact. I had realised after doing a few shows that ours was too high so when she landed over the top she had enough time to get in her strides however at shows she was putting in the same amount of effort but landing much further down (usually just above the contact patch) and then jumping off. I lowered ours last week but didn't really have much time to train it but it did quickly become obvious that this was why she was missing as she instantly did at home.

I reverted back to putting the training aids back on on Monday and stuck with 2 for Monday and yesterday,  today I have reduced it to 1 and we are having about 90% success. I am really hoping that by this weekend we have it sorted, I know she is still missing her dog walk a lot but at least if she is getting her A-Frame we can be trying it in various locations while we then concentrate on the Dog Walk. I guess though we'll have to wait and see. Below is a clip from today.


This weekend we are off to High  Peak Show at Bakewell and I'm super excited as Megan is running in a team with her brothers, Zippy, Reno & Speedy. The team is 'The Kronik Kidz (I think), named after their dad Ronny (Bonvivant Kronik)

No comments: