Sunday 8 May 2011

Godmanchester Good & Bad

We have just got back from our first camping show of the year and I can honestly say I much prefer to camp! It is so much more relaxing, especially for the dogs who can spend time in the 'garden' rather than in the van all the time.

Well the good...that had to be the doggies, they have worked sooo hard this weekend and their runs have showed it. No clears (first show where we haven't had one though) but lots of positives. Heidi impresses me more every time she runs, she has only had 1 'mental' run this weekend and that was her first one yesterday where she fell off the dog walk, slipped in the weaves and fell after a jump. I stopped her and did tell her off or she would have hurt herself but after that she has been so good. Today she had a fab agility run just coming out of the weaves on the last one which was the obstacle before the end, so had been clear until that point. Im just pleased she is calming down and listening more. Good girly :)

Meg really does make me smile, she has tried really hard too this weekend. I had decided she wasn't going to run in any agility classes until I had sorted the A-frame problem (which I now know what it is and how to fix) but there were rubber contacts and both Heidi and Kody fell off the Dog Walk yesterday so I thought id let her have 1 run just for experience sake. As it happens she was fine. She ran the whole course well only picking up 10 faults for the two missed contacts. She had a great jumping class yesterday too just picking up 5 faults for running past the side of a jump where I had tried to cut a corner to get ahead (Bad mummy). Her weaves have been excellent all weekend, no faults in them at all!

Kody has tried so hard too, just went into the wrong end of the tunnel yesterday in a class, fell off the side of the dog walk in another and in his agility today when I went to run the course they had taken out the dog walk and put in a tunnel and changed it a bit and I hadn't realised so I think he sensed my lack of confidence in what we were doing so he got a bit frustrated and jumped a jump the wrong way, but he was a very good boy.

The bad...the only thing that spoilt the show was the venue, not the venue itself it was lovely with nice off site walks for the dogs to enjoy which weren't overcrowded with others from the show but the fact that it was used for a car boot sale this morning. That might not sound too bad but there were cars and people totally surrounding the caravan meaning every time I went to run a dog I had to lock the caravan and van and the dogs didn't settle in the garden at all. It was much quieter ringside. That ruined it for me and if it is at the same venue next year I won't be going.

All in all though a thumbs up for this weekend!

No comments: