Sunday 30 May 2010

Nottingham Agility Show

Today we have been at Nottingham and had a really good day. Still no clears but some good attempts from the girls. First they had G1-2 Agility, Megan ran first and to be honest apart from getting her contacts there isn't much else promising to say, she ran straight past her weaves and when I called her back she looked at me and if she had fingers I think she would have been sticking 2 of them up as she then ran off into the tunnel and onto the see-saw!!! I did make her come back and do them though. Heidi did much better, just popping out of her weaves and knocking a couple of poles.

Next Heidi did the Comb 1-2 jumping (Megan wasn't entered in this), naughty mummy made the mistake of sitting Heidi too close to the first jump as there really wasn't a massive amount of space anyway. Heidi ran under the first jump and then over the next so eliminated but then she went on to run it beautifully with no mistakes so we would have been clear! It was very fast and quite hard in some parts but I trusted her and she did it.

It was then about 4 hours until their next run which was G1-2 jumping. It was a simple course with lots of straight lines, brilliant for Megan but a nightmare to run with Heidi. She was so quick and got frustrated with me for not directing her or being there and so just went wherever doing her mad screaming as she went! Megan ran it really well though, her only issue was getting in the weaves which took 3 attempts but then she did all 12 and did the FLAT TUNNEL!!!

That's it for us now, tomorrow we are off on our Doggy holiday to Reading for Quad Paws Week. I'll try and update the blog when I get to my mum and dads on Friday but if not then it will be on our return from PADS on Sunday.

No comments: