Sunday 23 May 2010

ABC Agility Show

Today's show was at the same place that Dog Vegas is held but it certainly didn't seem it at all. It started just after 9 and I was home before 4 which was a bonus. When I pulled up I thought I was in the wrong place, for an agility show it was very quiet, not a dog barking or anything. It was a very relaxed show.

The girls had 3 runs each, an agility and jumping (Comb 1-3) and Helta Skelta (Comb 1-7). Agility was first and was a lovely course, Megan ran under the first jump and onto the A-frame so E'd instantly but after that ran quite well! Heidi was really listening but knocked a couple of poles and didn't 'wait' as instructed on the see-saw (she did get the contact but didn't do as I'd told her) so I made her re-do it.

The jumping and Helta Skelta courses were just horrid. Both very twisty and complicated and the jumping was probably the hardest course I have ever ran. Megan struggled with it and I felt like I was nagging her a lot to come back and re try every small sequence which I didn't like. The positive for her though was that she did the flat tunnel first time with no issues. Heidi worked much better than I expected, again really listening, just knocking 2 poles but then back jumping the last but one jump.

Heidi was first up in Helta Skelta and had switched off by this point and decided to do what she wanted resulting in clattering jumps everywhere and crashing into my legs so I stopped her and took her out (there is really no point in trying when she is like that). Megan had a good go but again we really struggled and she refused the flat tunnel although the judge was nice and held it up for her and she did it then (so thank-you judge!)

Overall a very hot day which has left us all pretty exhausted and me with very sun burnt shoulders! (The picture is from January when we had all the snow and we were wishing for days like today!)

No comments: