Thursday 25 June 2009

A bit of a swap

Thursday is Heidi and Megan's agility classes, tonight was the last one though as they are having a break until September. Heidi will still go to the same club but is switching to a Tuesday night from July, Megan is too young though so she will wait now until September. Anyway Conor was late home tonight so I took Heidi to agility training. I haven't done any with her since about February so I was a little nervous. I'll be honest I was pleasantly suprised, I had a few handling isues at first (not getting ion the right place quickly enough-due to being able to jog along with Brian I guess) but we did a lovely jumping round with no problems. We worked on her contacts and did an agility course at the end of the lesson which went well. She did have a Tally Ho moment on the See-Saw but I took her back to do it again and she did it perfectly. I can honestly say I really enjoyed running her tonight, it made a plesant change, I wouldn't want to do it too often but every now and again maybe.


As for Heidi's eating problems she is improving already, I have stopped feeding her CSJ as she decided to just leave it or eat round it if you mixed it in with something else. She has had a few meals of just meat and last night and this morning she had a cod fillet (spoiled I know) mixed in with some Royal Canin and she ate the lot. Tonight she had a whole tin of meat and a large cup of SupaDog Active and again has eaten it all. Tomorrow I am off to Pets at Home to get some small bags of different foods to try and see what she likes best. I think we may end up feeding her a mixture of a few but as long as she is taking on food then it doesn't matter. I will weigh her agin in about 10 days time and hopefully she will have put a bit of weight back on.


This weekend we are at Newbury for a UKA show on both Saturday and Sunday. We were supposed to be camping but our tow bar isn't being fitted on the new truck until early July so we are going to travel on both days. Brian and Heidi have 2 runs on each day and I'm hoping for some cooler or even slightly wet weather otherwise it doubtful that I will be able to run Brian at all.

No comments: