Wednesday 9 February 2011

Swimathon 2011


On 9th April 2011 at 5pm I am taking part in the worlds biggest swim, Swimathon 2011 to help raise money for Marie Curie Cancer Care. I am going to attempt to swim 5k which is about 200 lengths of the pool where I work. I have never tried to swim this kind of distance before however have been training for a few weeks now and am up to 70 lengths.

I would be grateful if as many of you as possible could sponsor me, I apologise if you already have. It doesn't need to be a large amount, just whatever you can. I will be making a donation as well as doing the swim, I am putting £1 in a pot each time I go swimming training as I don't actually have to pay to use my pool.

My aim is to raise £100.

To sponsor me follow the link below and then put in my full name (Katie McManigan). You can do it securely with a debit/ credit card.

https://secure.artezglobal.com/registrant/search.aspx?EventID=17081&LangPref=en-CA&Referrer=http%3a%2f%2fwww.swimathon.org%2fpage.php%3fpage%3dSponsor_a_swimmer

Thank you in advance and I will keep you all updated with how my training is going over the following months.

No comments: