Monday 21 February 2011

Her Enthusiasm is Back!

For the past couple of weeks Megan has been a bit grumpy and not really all that keen on training, I put it down to her hormones after her season. Today however she seems to have a new lease of life and has been really enthusiastic when we have been training.

Her contacts are just brilliant, her A-Frame today has been 100% and her dog walk about 80% success. I have been thinking for a while about taking Megan back to club training and have decided now is the right time to do it so after contacting Lucy she is going back to AgilityBuds on Thursday night. I think she is ready to test those contacts in a new environment now so that hopefully we have still got time to iron out any issues before the season starts next month.


Kody did some good training today although he did only have a quick practice but I want to ensure he is remembering to stop on his contacts after we did try to get him running them earlier in the winter.

As for Heidi, I'm tearing my hair out a bit! She is such a difficult dog to train but I wont be beaten. Running her contacts isn't working, at speed it just doesn't enter her head that she needs to hit the contact point so we are going back to a stop and have done a little bit today before it rained! I think it will be an easier skill to train and reinforce in the time frame that we have.

Heidi is modelling her lovely new coat that she got for her birthday in the picture.

No comments: