Sunday 27 February 2011

Kody's down to 3 legs

I got home from work today to find Kody holding his left leg up and refusing to put any weight on it. I checked his paw and couldn't find anything but I did discover a small but quite deep puncture wound halfway up his leg.

I would imagine Megan is the culprit as they do play very rough and she is a known leg biter when she is play fighting with any of them.

I have cleaned it up and dressed it anyway and i'm sure it will be ok in a couple of days time. Kody thinks his leg is about to drop off at any moment though and is feeling very sorry for himself, throwing himself down and sighing loudly every couple of minutes. Hopefully he will cheer up when he realises its roast chicken for dinner tonight!

Not much has been happening really, I have had a good couple of swimming training sessions ready for my swimathon which is only about 6 weeks away now (scary!)

I did do 10 minutes contact and weave training with Megan and Heidi earlier (we are just trying to do a few mins a day at the moment in between rain showers and other plans) and all is good. I'll hopefully have a video of Megan and Heidi training by next weekend so I can post an update and if Kody's leg hasn't fallen off by then we should get one of him too :o)

No comments: