Monday 3 January 2011

A Good Start To 2011

Today we finally managed to get a good amount of training in. The weather has been dry for a few days so the ground was in pretty good condition. We did some A-Frame training this morning and at the time I thought it went well but I videoed our session and when I looked back there were a few more misses than I had realised. Heidi had been the one with problems on the first day that we introduced the running contacts but today she was a star getting over an 80% success rate. Megan and Kody had quite a few misses but this afternoon on his second session Kody did much better, Megan was about the same. Still I hadn't expected it to be an easy thing to teach them and i'm sure we will get there with it. Brian joined in on the training today too and he had a 100% success rate, clever boy!

We also did some jumping sequences this morning and this afternoon and I'm glad to say there were hardly any knocked poles which is always good news. I must admit I am loving the opportunity to train at home, its so easy to just step out of the front or back door and get on with it (we should have no excuse for not doing any really!)

I have started to look at shows for next year and pretty much planned out which ones we will be going to although there is scope to change my mind on a few as i'd like to try some new ones that we haven't been to before. I'm getting quite excited though especially as some of the schedules are starting to come out, it will be time to enter them soon!

I also managed to get the van cleaned out today and wash all the dogs bedding from in it, something i've been meaning to do for ages, I hadn't realised just how hairy it had all got!

I took the christmas decorations and tree down yesterday, I'm always glad to see the back of them once Christmas is over. Unfortunately though it means back to work tomorrow afternoon.

I took the photo of the boys asleep last night, how cute are they sharing a bed?!

No comments: