Monday 18 October 2010

Training Video

We have continued to work on our 2x2's since last week and the girls have definitely upped their game (C'mon girls!) On Friday and today we have been on 6 poles and it has gone very well. The issues we had previously had with Heidi's right hand weaves seem to have gone and she is doing them well. I videoed today's session and I'm glad I did as one thing I have noticed that I always do with Heidi (and never with the others) is stop dead once she has completed the weaves to throw her toy instead of continuing to run with her until we have passed them so that is something I will stop doing from now on (Bad mummy!)

As they all did so well today I ended the session with a couple of goes on 12 poles which I may have rushed on to a bit too quickly. Heidi and Brian both came out at 10 almost every time, Kody slowed considerably once there were 12 and poor Meg, she tries so hard but she can't double step 12 poles and so she tries and then ends up strolling through them so from tomorrow we will be getting the V weaves out for them all-Kody to increase his speed, Meg to teach a single footed action and Heidi & Brian in the hope that it will keep them in until the end.



With the dark nights drawing in we have been doing some shaping and clicker training at home to teach the dogs some new tricks but also so that we can introduce some bits into our agility training later through the winter. I have to say Megan seems to be the brain box for this, she really seems to like shaping. Kody and Heidi are doing well with it too, I think I have found Brian the hardest, we have been working with a cone and it took forever for him to interact with it but when he finally did I clicked him a few too many times for some things and now he thinks the game is to kick it over! Not quite what I had in mind but its new to me too so we will all learn together I guess.

No comments: