Saturday 23 October 2010

Dog Vegas


Today we have been at the Dog Vegas show. I was running just the girls but the main idea today was to do some 'in the ring training' rather than competing as such. The aim was to ensure that Megan had a WAIT at the start of EVERY class and that they both got their weaves and would then be rewarded. Well it didn't go exactly to plan...
.
...Megan  broke her wait in the first 3 classes which is really just down to naughtiness as she has a very solid wait at home so for the last 2 agility classes as there was no weaves in them (how annoying when that's what you want to train) I decided to run NFC and use the time to get our wait. We did have success but most of our course time was used up with me trying to win the battle but when she realised I could keep putting her back as often as I wanted until she did it, I won. I let her do 3 jumps as her reward for waiting. The second attempt at this was pretty much as the first was but to be honest I think it was worth while doing as she seems to know there are only so many times I can put her back at a normal show so sometimes the smaller shows are worth entering just for training things like that.

Only the jumping classes had weaves in and unfortunately both of the girls missed them on each time, Heidi chose the tunnel every time and Megan ran past them totally on one run and on the other went in about halfway down so obviously still more work to do on those.

Generally though not a bad day out, Heidi got quite stressed being indoors as it's very crowded and noisy but she coped with that by playing with her toy and being very focused on me whilst in the que and obviously getting lots of tasty treats for being such a good girl. I know she isn't happy in some situations but all I can ask of her really is be try to accept it and to be good and today she certainly did.

(The pictures are of the girls playing wrestling earlier in the week!)

No comments: