Wednesday 13 October 2010

Quick Catch Up

Well I thought it was about time we had a quick catch up although to be honest we haven't really done that much to be writing about. The dogs have had a good few sessions at the field and today I finally managed to move the remainder of our stuff up there. We have been working on our 2x2 training for the past few weeks on & off and bearing in mind all 4 dogs can already weave, today they should have been on 4 poles...

...The boys have both continued to do very well with no major issues at all but the girls have both been terrible today. Heidi just decided to not listen and do the first thing that popped into her head and then barked at me when it was wrong and Megan was more interested in what the people opposite the field were doing. Megan seems to be ok if she takes her time but when she gets some speed up before going into them she comes out. She isn't adjusting her stride prior to entry. I think they will both have to go back a stage tomorrow and i'm going to put today down to an 'off' day and begin again tomorrow. (We don't want the boys being better than the girls!!!)

Infact the dogs have all been pretty horrid today, I don't really know what has got into them, I decided it was about time the van had a good clean out so as we were back from the field earlier than planned I have hoovered it and cleaned out all inside and washed all the vetbed and blankets. While I was doing the massive project I noticed the dogs (well the Mali's-Brian was alseep) sitting in the front window barking. As they seemed to have far to much energy I put the 3 monsters out into the garden but I lost count of the amount of times I had to moan at them for barking. I hope they are not as mental tomorrow, they do make life hardwork when they are like that!

Kody has settled in really well with us, to be honest it is like he has always been here. Megan really loves him, they play constantly and they prefer to go on their daily walks together (although I do try and vary who each of them goes with). I have spent this evening repairing toys that he has broken (mainly the ones that are Megan's favorites-her teddy lost his leg again today and she was most upset) so if anyone can recommend some indestructable toys (I know not many are Mali proof) it would be much appricated as we are running low. Kongs seem to be the only toys to survive at the moment in our house!

No comments: