Tuesday 17 November 2009

CaniX

Today me and the dogs had a go at CaniX. I had thought about having a go at a little while back but having had no chance to train I didn't bother. Now with a bit more time on my hands I decided to give it a go. Today I ran with both of the girls attached to me for about 30mins. Brian came along too but he just did his own thing, running along with us off lead.

It was hard to start off with as they both pulled loads but after a few mins Megan settled into a good pace and didn't pull quite so hard, Heidi on the other hand pulled from start to finish! I used their flyball harnesses and a lead each and attached them to a webbing belt but by the end the belt had really dug into me so I have got my sewing kit out today and lined it with fleece so it shouldn't dig in so much tomorrow when we go.

I had a really good time, I don't think I could ever imagine me saying that about running but it was fun and the girls really loved it. They were really tired from it though, 5 minutes after getting back they were asleep and have only woken up every now and then for a couple of minutes since, I dont think I have ever seen them this tired! I am hoping to enter the starters event on 20 Dec on Cannock Chase near Rugeley which is where my mum and Dad live. I will only be doing it with one dog though, just not sure which one yet, I'll see how we get on over the next few weeks.

Last night was Good Citizen class for Meg and she did very well, remembering everything so hopefully all will be well next week. Unfortunately the Silver course is run on a Thursday so we wont be able to go unless they get enough people to run a second class.

I have been starting to look at Agility competitions for next year so I can start to plan where we will go, (locally anyway) hence the dogs diary is looking a little more full, although it's a long way off yet so lots may change between now and then and we will probably end up going somewhere completely different.

No comments: