Tuesday 11 August 2009

Sun, Sea & Sand

Today has been really hot, so hot I got quite badly sun burnt on my back whilst I was out in the garden doing jobs!
.
The dogs had a pretty boring day, we had to wait in this morning for the BT engineer to come and fix our broadband which is running really slow (it didn't get fixed, someone else needs to come out) and this afternoon we were waiting for the delivery of our new bed which I am very glad has come. I can't wait for Conor to get here to put it together at the weekend! I have swapped over my mattress though so I get to sleep on the new one tonight.
.
Anyway once all the deliveries had been I decided to take the doggies to the beach. Dogs are not allowed on the beach at Cleethorpes during the summer so I took them to Theddlethorpe which is about 40 mins from here. Stella and Ambrose had told me about it and said that it was always really quiet. Well they were not wrong, whilst there we saw 2 couples walking dogs in the distance and a family packing up from their day at the beach but that was it. We pretty much had the whole beach as far as you could see to ourselves.
.

I had forgotten that Megan had never been to the beach before but she absolutely loved it! The tide was out so we had a long walk to the sea but as soon as her and Brian spotted it they were straight in chasing the ball. Heidi watched for a minute or two before joining in, I guess she wanted to make sure her feet would be firmly on the floor.

The dogs had a brilliant hour there before we headed back to the truck. They are all absolutely shattered, Megan is even snoring! Mind you i'm looking forward to a good sleep tonight! I hope the weather is good for the weekend and Conor can come with us this time and we might even take Millie along too.
.
This weekend we were supposed to be doing agility at the WBSDS show but when I entered it I didn't know we would have moved and its now too far for us to go for the day and we dont have the caravan up here so we wont be going, there are a few shows like that in the coming weeks, hopefully we will get to at least one of the Dog Vegas days though at the end of the month as it is only about 30 miles from here.

No comments: