Friday 28 August 2009

Heidi Camp


Conor has decided he wants our new training venue to be called Heidi Camp! We have spent a good few hours there today setting up the jumps and then doing training with all of the dogs. As usual Heidi was a little bit mental and very excitable but that nothing new. She did do some nice runs though, a video of her is below.


I did some training with Brian and he seemed to get worn out quickly, I then realised we have done no agility training at all since we went to EMDAC in July. Conor watched us and gave us some pointers and I realised that when I run Brian if he is being slow I tend to wait for him which makes him slower and I now know I need to run on ahead so he speeds up to catch me. As he is a slow dog anyway it's not likely that he is ever ahead of me. Anyway here is a clip of his best run although naughty boy does miss the last weave pole!


Some good news is that I have a job, it's only part time, 17.5 hours a week so I am going to look for another part time job to go with it but at least it's better than nothing! I have to go over on Tuesday to fill in paperwork and then wait for my clearence to come through so it will probably be a couple of weeks before I can start.

We are off to Dog Vegas tomorrow, yipee!! It is only about 45 mins from here so at least we wont have to be up really early. Brian only has a jumping run but Heidi has 4 although I doubt Conor will run her in them all.

No comments: