Sunday 10 April 2011

Swimathon and Shuttleworth

Yesterday I did my 5km swim. It was considerably harder had I had ever imagined it would be. (Having only done 80 lengths at once) I had to do 200 lengths and by the time I got to 130 my arms were like lead weights and my shoulders were killing me!   Still I completed it successfully in 2 hrs, 10 mins and 57 secs so I was really pleased.

Today we have been at sunny Shuttleworth. It was a lovely venue but if I go again I will definitely be camping, the walk backwards and forwards between day parking and the rings felt like miles and when you have 12 runs to do its pretty exhausting!

Heidi was a good girl today, she had a clear in the BSD jumping this morning coming 9th but unfortunately they only placed to 8th :( She continued to be a really good girl all day with only 2 poles down for the whole day and she missed her DW contact and we did have weave issues in one class but on the whole she was very good and listened. It's when she is like this that I like to run her she drives me mad when she is mental so lets hope she stays a good girl.

Kody tried really hard for me today, he had plenty of opportunity to bark at me though for getting him confused, poor boy is probably thinking 'God I wish I had a mum who knew what she was doing!' I have found the G6 courses hard today, its such a big jump from running the girls in 1-3 classes last year as i've had no progression to it. Still it will be a steep learning curve and as long as Kody continues to have fun thats the main thing.

Meg was a bad egg today (we call her Meg the bad egg at home if she is naughty). I don't know what got into her really, its as though her and Heidi decided to swap places for a day and she be totally nuts! Her agility class was terrible, she broke her wait, she missed all 3 contacts by miles and in all but 1 class today she wouldn't weave (but when I called her back to me she did them from the wrong end towards me!), I ended up taking her out of one class for being such a madam. She can be so stubborn when she wants to be. It didn't help matters either when a dog ran into the ring while she was running and had a go at her, thankfully she came straight back to me rather than fight back but i'm sure that spooked her a bit.

For next weekend please can I have my normal Megan back?!

1 comment:

Mali Mania said...

Congratulations on your swimathon, far too many lengths for me !!!
Well done on your results at Shuttleworth I watched a couple of your runs and they looked great x