Sunday 17 April 2011

Lincoln Agility Show

Well it's been a lovely weekend, despite my very inaccurate weather forecast it was really lovely and sunny on both days and very warm.

The dogs are staring to run well in places and not in others. Yesterday Heidi was the better one, although she was very manic after being in the van for about 3 hours she did do some very nice runs where she just had poles down really. We even had ALL contacts and weaves! Today she missed her dog walk in both runs and to be honest her concentration had gone a bit and she was back to doing what she wanted but she did finish with a very fast jumping run just taking 1 pole.

Megan has been a bit up and down, she doesn't cope well with being at bigger shows with loads of people around so that hasn't helped. She has had some 'naughty' runs where she has done her own thing, she has had some good trys too. Her contacts have been terrible again missing every one. I understand the dog walk as I have only recently changed the criteria of what I want from her but I thought we had cracked the A-Frame. In the end I decided not to run her in her agility this afternoon.

Well Kody was our little star this weekend and earned himself a trip to the toy shop. Yesterday he had a good agility run, just missing the weaves on the first go and missing an 'in' which did result in an E. Today he did a lovely agility run and we went clear!!! I did hold his contacts for ages so I could get in the right place and he stopped a bit far up the dog walk so I had to get him to come further down onto the contact. We ended up finishing 44th which I know is a long way off but hey, plenty of room for improvement!

I dont think my dogs want to spoil me with too many clears, so far this year they have had 1 each, wonder who the next one will be from...

We jut have one massive well done to say for this weekend and that is to Jo & Zippy (Megan's brother) who won into G6 today! Not exactly what you had planned but really well done!

No comments: