Wednesday 1 July 2009

Swimming Sucess

I managed to get all 3 doggies in for a swim today. Brian went first as he is easy to sort out, he would do it himself if he could. He did 15 minutes in the pool before I made him get out. He usually does longer but I was conscious that it was a hot day and the girls were in the car.


After Brian it was Meg's turn, she put on her little blue jacket and I lifted her in. I didn't use any jets for either of the girls as it was their first real go. Meg wasn't too sure at first but once she realised what she needed to do I couldn't get her out! In the picture of Brian you can see a ramp at the back, she would sit on there to get her breath back and when I tried to get her to go up it to get out she was jumping off and having another go!

Heidi didn't enjoy her swim at all, I think she thought I was trying to drown her. I held her by her jacket and she splashed around getting me soaked. I realised she was calmer when facing the ramp so I moved her to the other end and let her swim to the ramp on her own a couple of times but she really didn't like it! Strangely though, she didn't want to get out of the shower afterwards.


Sorry for the moan in advance but today our neighbours have really annoyed me. Unfortunately for us we live in a married quarter. We only have neighbours on one side who are generally OK but people who live around us are not. Last night me and Conor went to the Cinema for the first time in ages, we left home at 7.45pm and arrived back just after 11. The dogs had been walked and were sleeping when we left and when we got back they barked as we opened the door.


Anyway when Conor got to work this morning someone had complained to our housing officer about the noise our dogs make at night. For a start if we go out anywhere at night they come with us as it's usually something for them that we are leaving the house for! Last night, other than when we went to see the wizard of oz two weeks ago was the only time they have been left in at night all year I think. They don't bark all night any other night as we are in! If the bark when someone knocks the door or there is a noise outside they are told to stop and they do. It has really annoyed me that whoever made the complaint didn't even have the guts to come round and speak to us this morning, they were just all sneaky about it. I don't think it was our neighbours who are attached to us as they usually come round if the dogs are loud, generally to let us know rather than complain and its not like they are loud in the day either as I am home all day!!


As you can tell it has really annoyed me, we were supposed to be staying here until October and then we had planned to rent out our Lincoln house and rent a house in Reading area as that's where I will be working but we are now looking at moving sooner. We hate living here at the best of times and its not like I complain about their kids hanging round my house being noisy. Well I will from now on I'll tell you. Again sorry for the moan.

No comments: