Sunday 26 July 2009

Measuring Up

Today we went up to Newbury to the Agility Club show, not to do any agility but to get the dogs measured so that they can start to compete in Kennel Club competitions. All 3 dogs were measured and they are all Large (as we had expected). They were happy to measure Megan even though she is only 9 months as she isn't likely to shrink and was well into the large bracket!
.
Heidi is doing much better, her eye has completely healed up, the vet said it wasn't infected, it was just swollen around where the scratch was. He decided not to glue her foot either as he thinks the damaged part of her pad will fall off (I'm trying not to be too graphic!). She has given her antibiotics though to prevent that from becoming infected as it is very deep. She has got it bandaged and needs to keep it like that for 2 weeks, having it changed every 4 days. So far we are on bandage number 2, the first one fell off yesterday when I took her for a walk, it needed to come higher up her leg so it didn't slip down. I'm glad I did that canine first aid course now, it means it wont cost me £20 a time to get the dressing changed as I can do it myself! The picture to the right is her showing off her bandage.


Tomorrow was supposed to be our move day but we have put it back by 1 day as I need to be here for a parcel to be delivered tomorrow and to be honest we are no where near packed! We are going to spend a week up there with just the stuff that fits into the truck and then next week hire a van to come and get the bigger items like the washer and dryer. We have an almost fully furnished house up there anyway so there isn't that much to take and I'm sure we can manage for a week.

No comments: