Sunday 11 May 2014

Tunbrige Wells

We finally have a van again, after looking at loads and them not being right we decided to fix our current one which has now been done meaning I could take more than 1 dog to a show. We don't actually have any kennels in it yet though as I need it empty later this week to move something big so I used 2 crates and decided to take Heidi and Chaos. (Kody is doing obedience next weekend so he isnt being left out)

This was our first 'down south' KC show. It was huge! So many people and dogs and rings and we did actually see a few familiar faces which was nice. I can honestly say though it was not one of my favorite shows, I do prefer smaller ones.

Chaos started off not too bad, a bit distracted in the C1-3 jumping and got 5f for a refusal. In the G3 jumping he was even more distracted, got 5f in the weaves and ran past a jump. His agility was clear but his DW was very slow, he stopped on the up plank for a good few seconds before creeping along it. I didn't check his time as im sure he would have got time faults from this. He really isn't coping with the bigger shows, he is happy enough walking round and saying hello to people and dogs but he cant cope with having to que and dogs lunging everywhere and it puts him off when he gets into the ring. I think I have worked out his DW issue too as its very fast at home. The aluminum see-saws have spooked him a couple of times which has put him off and I think this has made him unsure on the DW as he expects it to move and combined with him being worried about being at a show he has just slowed right down. We will need to try and train on a few dog walks I think not just ours here and I am going to get our club an aluminum see-saw so he can train on that too.

Heidi-well she hadn't been to an agility show for 6 months and she doesn't train with me now only Conor so it was always going to be 'interesting'. In the G4 agility she was screaming with excitement on the start line! She had a couple of poles and missed the weave entry on one of the sets but it wasn't terrible. Her next to jumping courses were a bit wild, a couple of poles, some nice bits and a missed weave entry in one as she didn't steady herself to get in them.

Below is a video of Chaos at Lincoln (only just managed to get it on the computer!)

No comments: