Monday 5 August 2013

Wow, What a Weekend!

I'm not sure we will get a weekend as good as this one again! On Saturday I had a go at doing obedience with Kody at the Belgain Shepherd Show. We did Pre Beginner and Beginner classes and Kody was such a good boy and tried really hard. I was shocked to realise we had won both classes! It's something we are going to continue to do every now and then, im conscious that he may only have a couple of seasons of agility left but I know he will still want to work so the plan will be to do obedience with him then.

Yesterday we went to Scunthorpe Agility Show. I only eneterd Kody in one class as he was doing obedience the day before, I walked it and although it wasnt a course I liked I knew Kody would as he could stay with me. He ran really well and came 5th! Clever boy :)

Below is a video of one of his obedience rounds and his jumping yesterday.



Heidi obviously didnt want to be left out, she had a couple of jumping runs, one with 3 poles, the other daddy got lost and she came out of the weaves (naughty daddy!) but they were clear in the Comb 3-5 Agility (after a very wide turn where Heidi headed for the dog walk not the see saw!) but they still managed to finish in 6th place!

There was still the Adams Derby Qualifier to run, Heidi usually takes a pole on the spread so doesn't get to the jumping part. I briefly walked it with Conor as I wasn't running it but then at the last minute we decided I'd run it with her, she flew round and finished in 3rd place so has qualified for the final next July!!! Such a clever Girlie :)

Below are a couple of her runs from the weekend.

No comments: