Monday 4 June 2012

Soaking Wet PADS

I can't actually believe how much it rained yesterday at PADS show. It just poured down all day. Heidi had 5 runs and I guess in one way we were very lucky to have done them all by 12.30.

No clears but some good runs. She completed the contacts part of the Adams Derby with no problems but then took 3 poles in the jumping section. In G3 Agility she took 2 poles but picked up a tricky weave entry nicely, in G3 Jumping and Comb 3-5 jumping she was really flying but just took 1 pole in each.

In Comb 3-5 Agility she got an E, she was sat waiting on the start line as I moved out and the dog behind lunged at her, (not surprising, no apology from the owner of the dog behind, I doubt they even noticed to be honest.) thankfully I guess instead of retaliating Heidi broke her wait, took the jump and DW, missed the contact and into the tunnel, I was still at the point where I was going to release her so it went down hill after that :(

When I got up this morning it was STILL raining so I decided to give the show a miss, I was at my mums and my trainers were still wet from the day before and I really didn't want to be cold and wet all the way back home. As it happens it has turned into a nice day but we got back here just after lunch and I managed to get some jobs done at home and a much needed trip to Tesco!

No comments: