Monday 28 May 2012

Packington Show

This was not one of my favourite shows of the year, I hadn't been before I very much doubt i'd go again. The exercise area was tiny with loads of out of control dogs running round and owners throwing toys about. We had stayed at mums so the dogs had been for a walk before we got there so thankfully I didn't have to try and walk them there!

Heidi was mental yesterday which I don't think helped, we ran 3 agility classes, in 2 she just wasn't interested in weaving, just doing a couple and then onto the next obstacle and generally not listening. She did get moaned at and her last agility was much better, just taking 2 poles. I had entered her into jumping but there was still a good 300 dogs to run and as it was so hot we decided to call it a day and went back to my mums.

You might wonder whats happened to Kody lately, well nothing actually, I'm just not running him for a while. We were starting to have issues with both of our confidence so we are working on some things at home and I hope to run him again later on in the season. Conor will be running Heidi again from July meaning ill only have Kody to concentrate on so he will get my full attention and we can get running again.


Today the dogs have been to hydro and were all quite keen to go and cool off I think. I left them still quite wet so by the time we got home they were nice and cool and they have wondered around the garden with me all evening while I have finished off the gardening and watered all the vegetables. I now have 2 vegetable beds with potatoes, carrots, onions, parsnips, green beans, spring onions, tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, strawberries and have just put out some lettuce, beetroot and broccoli and still have some cabbage seeds to get going. The only problem I have is I keep finding Brian asleep amongst them all!

No comments: