Monday 29 August 2011

Pool Problems

We have been using our pool quite a bit since we got it, a few times a week at least. On Wednesday last week I pulled back the cover to discover it looked like this...


...bright green like Shrek's Swamp!!! Not good news. The rest of the day was then spent trying to tackle the problem. I emptied out 2/3 of the water and gave it a good scrub, connected the filter and pump (which I should have done from the start) and then re filled it. Unfortunately it was still quite green. I ordered a load of chlorine and algaecide which thankfully arrived by 10am the next day. I put in the required dose, not expecting much to happen really, turned on the pump and went into town. When I got back I was amazed by the results...


...a sparkling clean pool! I have then this week been reading a pool water management manual that I got from work and the pool will next year from the start of the year be regularly treated with chlorine which should make the original water last the whole season.

I have returned to training for the past two weeks with the dogs. Heidi and Megan are continuing to train at Lucy's but as I cant really take all 3 to the same class on the same day (its just too much hard work) I have joined another club with Kody on a Wednesday and we are really enjoying it and it is certainly testing us.

This weekend we have had no weekend agility, instead I have been at work for 2 days then my mum and dad came up yesterday until today. We have walked the dogs on a couple of lovely long walks and they have had a splash in the pool too and are now pretty shattered. We have got a busy few weeks ahead of us now and we are likely to be offline for a while but we will update you with our news once things have settled down again.

No comments: