Sunday 31 July 2011

Clear Kody

We have just got back from a long weekend at Dog Vegas. The dogs have generally ran very well and I have been really pleased.

On Friday Heidi had 1 pole in her agility again, and a couple of 'wild' jumping runs. Megan, who is only doing jumping had 1 very good run but ran past the last but 1 jump. Kody had some nice runs including a lovely run in the Helter Skelter where he ran past the last jump which was right infront of him! I had Brian running in 2 Helter Skelter classes on Friday on small height, he really seemed to enjoy himself and flew round, just taking an off course jump in each class.

Yesterday the dogs ran well agin, Kody and me only having 1 mistake in each class, Megan just missing her weaves in one and jumping too wide in one meaning she missed a jump.

Today was a very hot day but the dogs still worked really hard. Heidi had 2 poles in her first agility, Kody had a nice agility run but slipped off the end of the dog walk and see saw (my fault) which I thought he had been faulted for, we finished the course but I sent him the wrong way over the last but 1 jump and I hadn't realised he'd been clear until that point! Bad mummy. We then did a very tricky jumping, managing the hard part but I gave him a terrible line onto the long jump meaning he jumped over it from the side. Very bad mummy! In his last jumping though I got my act together and we got round it clear although a bit messy. He was out of the places but I was so pleased with him. I had only been saying earlier in the day I haven't had a clear with any of my dogs since May!

Megan and Heidi did the G1-4 jumping and both only got faulted in the weaves. They flew round really well so I decided to check their times to see how far behind Heidi Megan had been. To my surprise Megan had been over 2 seconds quicker than Heidi! Clever puppy!

Massive congratulations to Jo and Keisha for their 2nd place in the First Contact Final yesterday and then winning into G7 today!

No comments: