Sunday 24 July 2011

Birthday Boy

Happy Birthday to Brian, who is 6 today! I think he has enjoyed his day and has been a bit spoiled, a new ball & frisbee a massive bone and lots of treats and he got to meet and greet plenty of people at the show this weekend.

This weekend we have been at Empingham. I have really enjoyed this show, I think it may be my favourite show and the sun has been shining today which made it much better.

Heidi and Kody have been really good dogs this weekend. Heidi has had no mad screaming, she has worked really well and listened and yesterday just had a pole in her jumping and a pole in agility and today she just had 2 poles in the agility and a missed weave entry but she has got EVERY contact this weekend so i'm really happy. She started the ABC qualifier off really well too but for a split second I lost concentration and forgot to get on the right hand side of the A-frame which then left me with nowhere to go and a very cross Heidi!

Kody has had some really good runs with only a little mistake here and there, we have had some issues with the dog walk though, he keeps falling off. All I can put it down too is that they were the rubber coated dog walks and where he would normally put the 'brakes' on for his stop on a wooden one it would just slow him down but with the rubber it means he stops suddenly and loses his balance and falls off! I took him the practice ring yesterday and out of 10 goes he fell off 4 times! He stayed on it today although I haven't pushed him too much on it and he did miss a contact on it this morning. Generally though he is running very well.

Megan...well she is only running in jumping at the moment and probably will for the remainder of the season now as I want to make sure we get this dog walk right this time before I compete with her. She has been a bit 'wild' this weekend, off doing her own thing and not listening although she did do her weaves very nicely in a class today so I cant complain too much!

Looking forward to 3 days at Vegas next weekend, lets hope the sunshine sticks around!

No comments: