Tuesday 9 February 2010

Training Day

Today was a day we had been looking forward to for a couple of weeks, we had booked the barn where I do agility on a Thursday and Lucy let us use her equipment so that we could get some good training in with the dogs and it meant we could do it no matter what the weather.

We had a really good day, lots of contact training and ironing out some issues we had been having. Brian ran really well so I didn't do too much with him (I don't want to over do it with him after his injury either), Heidi was a hyper and mad as ever and her main issue is either jumping her contacts or doing her best to look for Conor and nearly falling off obstacles so we worked on overcoming these issues. Megan worked on linking contact equipment with other obstacles as I realised in training we have mainly done the contact equipment on its own. We have now ordered an A-frame of our own although it wont be ready for about another 5 weeks, i'm hoping the weather might have picked up by then and we can get some use out of it outside.

Below is a video of our best runs of the day, thanks to Ambrose who came with us and videoed our training for us. It really helps to be able to look back afterwards, both Conor watching and the video have made me realise that Megan has a natural distance that she likes to be away from me and I often run in towards her too much and it pushes her out around jumps so I now know I need to let her work away from me more.


Megan is shattered tonight as she also had her good citizen class too so she has had to work extra hard. She did very well again, her stays are excellent, which proves how much we need to work on her wait before agility runs as they are not so good!

No comments: