Monday 9 April 2012

Bretford Show


We had a pretty enjoyable day at Bretford yesterday. It was nice to catch up with Natalie & Jackie again. I left Brian with my mum so only had Heidi and Kody to look after and run, it seemed very quiet with only the two of them! As it happens Brian had a great day with a nice walk and playing in the stream near to mum and dads house.

Me and Heidi didn't do as well yesterday, it wasn't terrible but not fantastic. She is very responsive to my body language and as a result I pulled her off a few obstacles where I hesitated slightly so I need to work on my timing.

Kody tried hard for me again but I was a bit rubbish yesterday. You can see on the video, once he gets confused he barks at me an then I lose all confidence and just give up which makes him worse! So from now on if it goes wrong I am going to do my best to remain positive and carry on with something (even if its not the course). He did have 1 clear yesterday in the Easter Egg challenge and finished 11th. Clever boy.

We have a massive well done to say to Natalie & Reno who got their first KC clear yesterday and then got another straight after! He is doing so well. Jackie & Speedy also had a good weekend, by yesterday he had 7 clears out of 7 runs, I'm sure he will have had more today too :) Thank you to Natalie for the video of my doggies running too, it helps to see where I can improve my handling.

No comments: