Sunday 20 November 2011

Illness and Injury Strike

Last weekend I began to get a sore throat, not surprising though as there seems to be a lot of bugs going around at the moment. It didn't get any better as the week went on so on Thursday I headed off to the doctors. I've got Tonsillitis. I have had it before quite a few times and always been very poorly with it but I felt fine and only had a sore throat so decided to carry on as normal just taking my antibiotics. I worked Friday, no problem, yesterday though, I got there and the heat and humidity from the pool seemed to make me go downhill very quickly and after only 2 hours of being at work I was on my way back home. I have now got a duvet and the dogs on the sofa keeping me warm and think this is where ill be staying for the next few days. I hate being ill, its so boring!!!

Poor Kody hasn't had a good couple of days, in fact he was absolutely convinced his leg had fallen off. On Friday evening he curled up on the sofa with me but seemed to be sulking about something, I leaned over to give him a cuddle and he began screaming at me, I then noticed his dew claw was sticking out at a right angle to where it should be. (This has happened before and the vet trimmed it off). As it was late I thought 'ill trim it as short as I can so he doesn't catch it in the night then take him to the vet in the morning to get the rest of the broken bit taken off'. As I trimmed it though he pulled his leg away and it came off in one go anyway so no need for the vets but my god you'd think his i'd cut his leg off. He wouldn't speak to me at all until yesterday afternoon. I know it will have hurt him but why are boys such Drama Queens?!!!

No comments: