Wednesday 29 May 2013

Dog Vegas

We had a lovely few days away at Dog Vegas, We arrived to torrentail rain and hail stones, we have had very hot sunshine (I got burnt!) and back to rain again but it didnt spoil our week. 

Heidi has ran consistently better all week, she has had lots of runs where there was just 1 silly mistake (missing out a weave, running past a jump) all things that are not like her so I knew a clear round wasn't far away. She managed a 3rd in jumping on Saturday and yesterday we finally got a clear in agility. When I walked the course it was not a good course for her and there was no way I expected a clear round. As a result when we ran it she did a very wide turn so I was amazed to find she was in the lead by over 2 seconds. She stayed there until about 3 dogs from the end when a very neat collie ran it just that bit tighter than she did and went into the lead. I am so proud of her though, 2 clears at 1 show is unheard of!

Kody has been running well too, a lot less madness and he too only made the odd mistake. He did a lovely clear on sunday but was sadly out of the placings.

I judged on Monday, I had a whole mixture of classes. Some courses I was happy with, others didn't run as well as they looked on paper but I guess that's all part of the learning experience. 

Brian, Brenda and Chaos seemed to enjoy their holidays with lots of opportunity to be splashing around in the stream and getting wet. Everyone including me has slept soundly since we got back, think ill be in for a quiet day today!

No comments: